Fun Fact FRIDAY!
FIVE COMPLETELY RANDOM, FUN FACTS
1. After the premiere of "16 and Pregnant," teen pregnancy rates dropped.
MTV may not have the most wholesome programs, but after the premiere of this show, teen pregnancy dropped by 5.7% within 18 months of the show airing.
2. Approximately 10-20% of U.S power outages are caused by squirrels.
Harmless and cute as they seem, these fuzzy little creatures aren't as innocent as you think! Squirrels have a tendency of chewing the wires, but luckily it's a simple fix.
3. While trying to find a cure for AIDS, the Mayo Clinic made glow in the dark cats.
This is due to their use of specific protein that was fluorescent green. The used this protein to find out if their tests worked: if the animal glowed, the outcome was successful .
4. A swarm of 20,000 bees followed a car for two days because their queen was stuck inside.
When the car parked, the thousands of bees swarmed onto the car and had to be taken off by beekeepers. The next day, the bees were back on the car because the queen was still inside and the swarm had to be taken off again.
5. Nearly 3% of the ice in the Antarctic glaciers is penguin urine.
Because the temperature in the Antarctic is well below zero, the urine can't evaporate and just combines with the glaciers.
Have a great weekend, Happy Friday!
By: Philip M Bouchard-Stewart Title 702-525-4240